Dansomanie Index du Forum
Connexion S'enregistrer FAQ Liste des Membres Rechercher Dansomanie Index du Forum

Nouvelles du Ballet Royal du Danemark
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Dansomanie Index du Forum -> Tout sur la danse
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
haydn
Site Admin

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 08, 2012 12:08 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Le New York Times publie aujourd'hui une interview du directeur de la troupe, Nikolaj Hübbe, à propos de cette Bayadère, justement :

Citation:
Q. You are currently staging and partly reworking “La Bayadère.” Do you have choreographic ambitions?

A. Yes and no. I don’t know if I really choreograph. I put steps together. But that whole creative thing is so much fun. “Bayadère” has never been done in Denmark before, and this is a completely new production. I placed it at the time of the British colonialization of India. So Solor is not Indian but “Sir William,” in Queen Victoria’s army. And Gamzatti becomes “Lady Emma,” his fiancé, who has been transported out to India. So you have the temple dancer, different races, classes. It makes the impossible love even more impossible and doomed. It’s very “Jewel in the Crown.”

Son of Denmark Faces Questions With Answers (The New York Times)

haydn
Site Admin

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 19, 2013 12:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Comme chaque année, Cedric Lambrette, danseur belge du Ballet Royal du Danemark organise un concours de chorégraphie, dont la 6ème édition se déroulera le vendredi 29 mars :

Informations : http://www.cph-icc.dk/

sophia

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 29, 2013 10:35 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Le concours est diffusé en direct et en streaming ce soir à 19h30 : http://new.livestream.com/accounts/453636/events/1978089

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
voyageur

MessagePosté le: Mar Avr 23, 2013 3:56 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The Royal Danish Ballet has announced its 2013-14 season, which (in addition to the guest appearances of the Mariinsky I posted in the Mariinsky tour thread) will include Napoli, Manon and Bayadere. There's to be a new Hubbe work (perhaps Twelfth Night??? but I'm not sure.)

haydn
Site Admin

MessagePosté le: Mar Avr 23, 2013 5:13 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

A l'affiche de la saison 2013-2014 (pour le moment, le programme n'est annoncé qu'en Danois :

http://issuu.com/kglteater/docs/dkt_1314_katalog_enkelt

Come, Fly away
Twyla Tharp / Frank Sinatra
Du 28 septembre au 28 novembre 2013

Fabelmageren ("Les Conteurs")
Esther Lee Wilkinson / Pot-pourri classique
Du 12 au 16 octobre 2013

"Dans2go"

- Symphonie en trois mouvements
George Balanchine / Igor Stravinsky
- Grand pas classique
Victor Gsovski / Daniel François Esprit Auber
- Minus 7
Ohad Naharin / Antonio Vivaldi - Frédéric Chopin - Dean Martin
Du 26 octobre 2013 au 15 février 2014

242 år i trikot ("242 ans en collants")
Spectacle de danses de caractère conçu par Anne-Marie Vessel-Schlutter
Anne-Marie Vessel-Schlutter / Musiques traditionnelles
Du 7 au 9 novembre 2013

Nøddeknækkeren ("Casse-Noisette")
George Balanchine / Piotr Ilitch Tchaïkovski
Du 5 au 22 décembre 2013

Napoli
Sorella Englund - Nikolaj Hübbe d'après August Bournonville / Edvard Helsted - H.S. Paulli - H.C. Lumbye - Louise Alenius
Du 31 janvier au 18 mars 2014

Manon
Kenneth MacMillan / Jules Massenet
Du 22 février au 12 mars 2014

Hübberiet ("Hübberiades")
Soirée-surprise conçue par Nikolaj Hübbe
28 février, 7 mars et 28 mars 2014

La Bayadère
Marius Petipa avec chorégraphies additionnelles de Nikolaj Hübbe et Eva Draw / Ludwig Minkus
Du 4 avril au 14 mai 2014

Helligtrekongers-Aften ("La Nuit des rois")
Nikolaj Hübbe d'après William Shakespeare
10 au 15 mai 2014

Compagnie invitée : Ballet du Mariinsky

- Svanesøen ("Le Lac des cygnes")
Marius Petipa / Piotr Ilitch Tchaïkovski
Du 13 au 16 janvier 2014
Soirée Fokine
- Schéhérazade
Michel Fokine / Nicolaï Rinski-Korsakov
- Chopiniana
Michel Fokine / Frédéric Chopin
- Ildfuglen ("L'Oiseau de feu")
Michel Fokine / Igor Stravinsky
Du 17 au 19 janvier 2014

Compagnie invitée : Dansk Danseteater (cie. comtemporaine)

Black Diamond
Tim Rushton / NN
Du 9 au 11 mai 2014

voyageur

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 09, 2013 8:33 pm    Sujet du message: Back to Bournonville Répondre en citant

Two new Bournonville productions staged by two dancers I have revered in Bournonville was an irresistible draw for me, and so on 3 and 4 May I watched a double bill of La Ventana (staged by Gudrun Bojesen) and Kermesse in Bruges (staged by Ib Andersen).

Bojesen (who incidentally has just received the Reumert award for her performance in Lady of the Camelias) obviously devoted substantial time, thought and effort to what I believe is her first production, taking several months off from dancing in order to prepare. Unfortunately, it appears that she was not given much in the way of resources, and the production looks rather undernourished (with a seriously underpopulated town plaza, for example). While she's tried to flesh out the fragment we have (giving a back story to nearly everyone on stage), I don't think hers is an entirely satisfactory concept; and, in particular, the opening cafe scene with the flamenco guitar and singer she added felt both static and flat to me.
While Diana Cuni and Amy Watson are both good Bournonville dancers, the placement of the iconic mirror dance dulls its impact. I found Marcin Kupinski as flat as the opening scene; while the Danes are generally great actors, he seems to me a cipher--I've yet to see any inflection, let alone convincing acting, from him. Alexander Staeger I thought did better.

I still remember Ib Andersen's beautiful performance (with Mette-Ida Kirk) in Kermesse, and his production is a beauty--the best Bournonville restaging of Hubbe's tenure, to be sure, but I'd go back far longer than that. This is a rich ballet, with some beautiful choreography, lots of roles, lots of humor, and most of all, one imbued with joy, Andersen has given us all that in a loving, brilliantly-paced and textured production that never flags. (Yes, and there's religion, too, take that, Mr. Hubbe!) Gorgeous costumes by Jerome Kaplan that look like they stepped off the walls of the Riijksmuseum; if the set for the first and fourth scene doesn't quite do justice to the glory that is Bruges, I'm not sure anything could, and certainly the sets are lovely.
As for the dancing, Andersen chose for his second cast leads two 19 year olds, Stephanie Chen Gundorph and Andreas Kaas; Gundorph, in particular, is a real find, with lovely line and phrasing and great lightness of movement. Here was a pas de deux stripped of the coyness (and even archness) we see so often when it's performed at galas--these were two young people in love, dancing directly, unaffectedly and beautifully, with the occasional almost shy look from Gundorph to her father as if to say, "Is this okay with you?" Andersen's first cast (which I saw second) was the also-very-young Ida Praetorious and Alban Lendorf--he danced glorously, but I thought her just a bit more studied than Gundorph.
Very, very fine supporting performances in both casts. I loved both high-flying Adrians (Benjamin Buza and Jonathan Chmelensky) and adorably comic Geerts (Nikolaj Hansen and Jon Axel Fransson). Lots of comedy from a long list of others, including Gitte Lindstrom, Eva Kloborg, Lis Jeppesen, and Astrid Elbo. And very find dancing indeed from Luke Schaufuss in the second cast, who had impressed me as a student when a group from the school performed at the Kennedy Center.
I've been told more than once that the Danes don't come to Bournonville, and I'm sorry to report that there were many empty seats at the two performances I attended (I also heard that the premiere was lightly attended). What a pity that such a national treasure should be so underappreciated, but as long as there are productions like this one to see, I'll be over there appreciating my eyes out.

haydn
Site Admin

MessagePosté le: Jeu Mai 09, 2013 11:53 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thanks for this review about the Royal Danish Ballet, voyageur.

On peut trouver un album-photo très fourni de ce spectacle sur le site du Ballet Royal du Danemark :

http://kglteater.dk/whats-on/performances/season-2012-2013/ballet/la-ventana---kermessen-i-brugge

Apparemment, la production de la Ventana n'a que peu changé? En revanche, il semble que pour La Kermesse à Bruges, le Ballet Royal du Danemark ait entièrement refait les costumes et les décors, pour en revenir - et c'est une heureuse initiative - à quelque chose de plus classique et réaliste que ce qui avait été présenté au Festival Bournonville de 2005, avec une scénographie exagérément stylisée.

voyageur

MessagePosté le: Ven Mai 10, 2013 3:59 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I think the Ventana costumes were largely unchanged (though the Senor's looked new)--the decor I think is. I was told there was little money for this work (presumably it all went to the Kermesse).
I never saw the 2005 Kermesse production (I was at that year's Bournonville Festival for only a few days), but based on what I've heard, I don't much regret missing it.

sophia

MessagePosté le: Ven Mai 10, 2013 4:28 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The opening scene of La Ventana was wonderful as I remember. Two dancers were facing each other on both sides of a golden frame, doing the same steps, thus creating the illusion of a mirror on the stage. It's funny because they used more or less the same trick in D'Ores et déjà, a ballet mixing baroque and contemporary style created recently for the POB school. Did it disappear in this new production?

Eva Kloborg et Mette Hønningen dans la danse du miroir de La Ventana, 1979
© Photo : John R. Johnsen
http://www.bournonville.com/bournonville31.html

voyageur

MessagePosté le: Sam Mai 11, 2013 12:40 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Your recollection, Sophia, is consistent with mine. The mirror dance is still there, but it now follows a new opening scene in a cafe with guitarist, singer, tourist, an unhappy Senor, and eventually the pas de trois team. And it's staged fairly far back on the stage, so feels a bit lost.

haydn
Site Admin

MessagePosté le: Ven Oct 18, 2013 3:28 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Katharine Kanter a écrit:

Heidi RYOM, étoile et professeur au Théâtre Royal, est morte soudainement le 5 octobre d'un anévrisme cérébral, à l'âge de 58 ans.

On a du mal à le croire.

(http://www.ballerinagallery.com)

sophia

MessagePosté le: Sam Nov 23, 2013 2:38 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Un portrait d'un Français au Danemark, réalisé à l'initiative de l'Ambassade de France :

Jonathan Chmelensky, soliste au Ballet Royal, passé par le Conservatoire de Paris et l'Ecole du Ballet de Cuba.

sophia

MessagePosté le: Sam Déc 14, 2013 4:23 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Gregory Dean a été nommé hier principal à l'issue d'une représentation de Casse-noisette.

sophia

MessagePosté le: Lun Fév 10, 2014 8:24 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Une répétition de Manon de Kenneth MacMillan est diffusée ce soir, à 20h, en direct et en streaming : http://kglteater.dk/live

sophia

MessagePosté le: Mar Mar 04, 2014 3:19 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

L'école du Ballet Royal du Danemark lance pour la première fois son stage d'été de trois semaines. Il aura lieu du 7 au 26 juillet.

http://kglteater.dk/about-us/rdb-summerschool

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Dansomanie Index du Forum -> Tout sur la danse Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivante
Page 3 sur 4

Sauter vers: